Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I have had good intentions to make more regular entries in this blog. A nasty head cold has kicked me to the side of the road this past week so I have not been able to move that intention down the road. The past couple of mornings seemed to hold some promise that my condition was on the upswing, but as each day progressed, any promise got lost in aches and pains, runny nose, and cough. I figure this can't go on forever, so maybe today's promise will be actualized.

Yesterday was my 66th birthday. It passed into history with the minimum of fanfare. I spent some time cleaning the previous night's snowfall off the driveway and deck. A neighbor and good friend stopped in for morning coffee and shared the birthday coffee cake that I had made in anticipation of his visit. UPS delivered my birthday present mid-day. Great timing! An afternoon nap prepared me to stay up late watching the president's state of the union speech and its sequelae. Supper's birthday dessert was angel food cake served with blueberry sauce.

With modest, but regular, snowfalls coupled with more seasonal temperatures over the past week, the landscape has taken on the appearance of winter--a very welcomed attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment