Thursday, September 13, 2012

The vehicle of good intentions can get run off the road by lots of potholes, the blinding glare of sunlight on a dirty windshield, and the confusion over the yellow and white markings--temporary and permanent--on the roadway in construction zones. That's my explanation for my failure to follow through on my intent to post more regularly as noted in my posting of August 17th. As I reread that entry, I see that I stated a "hope," and not an "intention," much less a "commitment" for more regular entries. I am not sure if that's gets me off the hook or not. Is may all depend upon the meaning of "is" or "hope," in this instance.

In any case, my blogging has been parked on the side of the road as I try to sort out, organize, and get on with ever changing circumstances. My wife's post-hospital course has been somewhat problematic--a mix of potholes, blinding glare, and confusing signage. The endpoint has also been pushed out a couple more weeks into the future. That date too is tentative. I find that I am preoccupied with things over which I have little control. Household chores can be an effective diversion; writing is not. The circumstances insist on dominating what ends up on paper or in digital format. It is like having a very persuasive back seat driver, who can effectively overrule every one of the intentions that you--the behind the wheel driver--has about destination, the route to be taken, and the speed to be travelled.

Hopefully, I can find a way to either jettison the back seat driver or to override his/her persuasiveness. Puppetji advises a mind diet in order to reduce the amount of excess intellectual baggage being lugged around.

No comments:

Post a Comment