Friday, January 12, 2018


Old-Man-Living-Alone Homemaking Hint #1

     Faced with the prospect of and driven by the desire for pea soup for lunch, I approached the cupboard, which also holds various dinnerware despite the paucity of its name, for a bowl. As I made my move, my eye caught the image of the breakfast cereal bowl and spoon sitting in the sink. I had dutifully rinsed it out and placed it in the appropriate location so that it would get washed with lunch and possibly even supper dishes. Why reach for new and clean when reasonably clean and readily available will do? The pea soup itself (Homemade, I can proudly affirm.) was leftover from a previous meal, so why not use a leftover bowl? You know, it worked. Single occupancy households can utilize convenience in a way not permissible in larger households unless one resorts to some degree of subterfuge.
     Stay tuned. Homemaking Hint #2 may expound on a tried and true recipe for microwave flat-bread pizza. More trials need to be completed, before the truth be told.


No comments:

Post a Comment