Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I still have this week and next week on my syrup schedule, that is, with Tuesdays and Thursdays off. I am sure there has been no action in the sugarbush today. I haven't checked, and Rick hasn't called to say that I was needed.

I spent most of the day raking the yard. The neighbors were working on their yard this past weekend, when I was busy in the sugarbush, so I took the opportunity afforded by the day off to keep in synch with the neighbors. I finished up the front; the side yard is too wet and there still is a small snow bank. That is okay. After some six hours, I was more than ready to call it a day. The birdfeeder is down; the birdbath will take its place; a couple of lawn chairs are on the deck. With a sunny day and temperatures in the 60's, birdbaths and lawn furniture seem the more appropriate lawn fixtures. I finished my outside chores by cleaning the cab of the truck--a wipedown and vacuuming.

As the details of the 2011 federal budget, as contained in the current continuing resolution, become known, I find myself painfully disappointed with all three units of government responsible for the document. I sense that the final bill due later this week will be even more troubling. The second shoe, that may fall, is the bill to raise the national debt limit. If that gets encumbered with social issues and policy statements, it could be chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment