Tuesday, December 6, 2011

As Christmas plans are being crafted, thoughts of my impending retirement on December 30th are being overshadowed. I am not sure if that is a good way to ease into and through the transition or if retirement will explode during the final days of the final week of December 2011.
. . .
Yesterday, I met with my supervisor and her assistant to talk about the future of the position that I currently hold in the agency and what is to be done about a successor. I am curious to see how this process will eventually work out over the next month. I made a comment that I thought or hoped would be insightful and which seemingly was met with agreement by others in attendance, that is, I suspect there are forces at work within the agency under my radar, at least, trying to influence the design of my position and the selection of a successor. As a result, I expect my comments will play only a minor role. The final determinant may well be the nature of the folks, who express an interest in the position and actually submit an application.

No comments:

Post a Comment