Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Belated Christmas Greetings and Wishes on the Day After the Day After!

I'm not sure why I held off with a Christmas posting until today. Could it be that I was thinking like the true believer, who held off sending out Christmas cards until today, thinking that he would save on the cost of postage, if the rapture occurred on the 25th?  I think not. It was the occasion of Christmas, that is, having children, children-in-law, and grandsons home for the weekend that put me in the mood to post a proper entry. It really was, guys!

I received high praise from a neighbor on the simplicity and the appropriateness of my outside decorations. Even though they were the product of my planning and implementation, he took care to thank both my wife and me. Since he is a long-married man, such as I, I figured he was playing it safe by complimenting both members of the household. It is always better to over-estimate rather than to under-estimate those responsible for a job well done in the areas of home maintenance, lawn care, holiday decorations and, for that matter, even the way a married guy dresses. I would include a picture of the outside decorations, if I owned a digital camera. That upgrade will come in the future--probably not before the seasonal decorations give way to the timelessness of the usual display of old stuff. Hey! There's a nail there--might as well hang something on it year-a-round. It is too far from the door to use it as a coat and hat hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment