Tuesday, July 9, 2013

So Pope Francis drives a Ford Focus. And here's the proof: http://adage.com/article/news/ford-focus-brand-vehicle-pope-s-humble-car-message/243011/

Last week I succumbed to my wife's urgings and agreed to replace our 2002 Focus allegedly because of the increasing frequency of repair bills. Following some on-line and on-the-ground research, we decided to upgrade to a 2013 Focus. (My wife and the car are out of town for a few days so I can't include a picture--of the car, that is, with this post.)

Now I read that Pope Francis also drives a Focus. I don't know the vintage of this alternative pope-mobile. I wonder who decides for the Pope when it is time to replace his vehicle. Celibacy means having to make so many more decisions on one's own.

What is the impact of any number of recent comments made and examples shown by Pope Francis? Will the local bishop be trading in his Jeep Grand Cherokee?

In any case, I feel a little smug about driving a new Ford Focus--maybe even a little self-righteous--possibly even a little too self-righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment