Wednesday, August 2, 2017

I am pleased that Anthony Scaramucci is no longer White House Communications Director. His termination was allegedly due, in part, to his obscene tirade of last week.

For several days, what commentators referred to as "barnyard talk" was minimized, excused, and discounted by various talking heads. I have been around a few barnyards in my day and haven't heard the likes of the Mooch's rampage. Some of the talking heads rationalized it as common New York City speech. I haven't been to NYC, so I can't vouch for them. This was akin to the "typical locker room banter" description applied to then candidate Donald Trump's recounting his interpersonal style and techniques.

It wasn't until I was in basic training compliments of the Selective Service System, a local draft board, and the US Army that I heard anything akin to Trump-Scaramucci emotive speech. Even then some of the vocabulary was foreign to me. Over the period of my enlistment, simple repetition proved to be helpful on that score.

How is it then that it took a general to blow away all the excuses, rationalization, and ethical bobbing and weaving? And say, "That won't do; you're out of here!"

My thanks and appreciation to General Kelly.




No comments:

Post a Comment