Tuesday, March 27, 2012

After being out of town for a few of days over the weekend, we came home to a mixed bag of weather. Daytime temperatures are more normal, read: "colder," yet the bay is ice-free. The water has taken on a blue color so characteristic of summer, but I suspect that is due to the full sunlight of a rather cloudless sky than seasonal. There is also more green to the lawn, but a long way--I hope--from lawnmower length. The only moisture in the forecast is rain with the possibility of freezing rain. I have yet to put the snowblower into its summer storage location and to remove the lawnmower from its winter storage location. The weather forecast is not the basis for this decision. It is just that I am not so sure I am done with the former and soon to be in need of the latter.

Before leaving on our short trip out of town, I learned there are limits to the flexibility of the car antenna. The garage door decided to close part way as I was backing in and caught the antenna. The antenna was separated from its base. The repair involved a new base. Thanks to the internet, I was able to find detailed instructions on the removal of the interior dome light to access the screw, which secures the antenna base to the vehicle. The task went so smoothly this morning, that I took the time to vacuum the floor mats, which had managed to gather a visible sum of sand in our modest travels. What did I learn from that? Sometimes going to church is an untidy matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment