Friday, March 2, 2012

We met with the tax preparer this afternoon to sign the necessary form and to write the check for the cost of the man's services so that our income taxes can be filed electronically. As usual the standard deduction works for us. I guess that means we are living below our means or that our means are low. If that is the case, why does the hard copy of our tax return (federal and state) total 41 pages? For me, that is reason enough to pay someone to do this job for me. My primary reason is peace of mind. Still it is only one tenth the length of Mitt Romney's tax return. My income does not have the same 1:10 ratio when compared to Mr. Romney's. Do you think that if he were to become president, he would make that happen. I probably ought to stifle my cynicism. I could afford a couple of  '57 Cadillacs for my wife to drive. There would be little advantage to leaving one at our second home, because someone else still owns the place. She could park one on one side of the street and the other on the opposite side of the street. Her choice of car in a given situation would depend upon which direction she intended to go upon leaving the house. Should these cars be the same, contrasting, or complimentary colors? What about vanity license plates? There is also the multiple car discount to be considered when pricing insurance. The entire matter may add another 10 pages to my next tax return.

No comments:

Post a Comment