Saturday, April 14, 2012

Recently, I find myself more and more frequently facing the dilemma of the selection a topic for a blog entry and the manner in which I will treat that topic. Another way of saying that would be: I am unsure just how far to open that inside door. I organized this blog so that it would be shrouded in a certain degree of anonymity, but it is far from totally anonymous. My original intent may have been to use the blog as something akin to a personal journal. Now that I am doing it, I am not so sure that objective is being met and that desire or need is being fulfilled. Maybe I should write fiction so that I could hide behind my characters and excuse intimate disclosures and ruminations as "just that character." I have tried journaling and found it lacking. In retrospect, I may have been too undisciplined in my method.

I find myself thinking just how transient our reality is along with our individual experience of that reality and our individual interpretation of that reality/experience. It is like a moving target, a moving platform for the shooter, and a strobe light as the only illumination. If there is to be some sense of consistency achieved in all this, it is something that I have to bring to the experience; I cannot expect to find it in the experience external from myself. Once again, I am reminded that living well takes genuine effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment