Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Thirty-five days and counting.

One advantage to living in the retired state is fewer trips to the service station to fill up the vehicles. I last did a fill-up for the truck on March 2nd; as of this date, there remains a little more than a quarter tank. When working, a typical month accounted for three trips to the service station. (It isn't simply due to greater use of our second vehicle either.)   I credit it to my reliance on good old fashioned shoe leather for most trips to the post office, the library, and meeting a friend for breakfast. It feels good to make those round trips the old fashioned way and to take note of the savings, when expenses are totalled up at month's end. I also take satisfaction in knowing that I am contributing just a little bit less to the profits of the oil companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment